Re: Mod 37 undercarriage

Subject: Re: Mod 37 undercarriage
From: Klaus Dietrich <101613.3377@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:18:59
..."you have spoiled my day"...Das wuerde ich auf deutsch mit ...."du hast mir
meine gute Laune verdorben".... uebersetzen.
Litteraly this means: you have just juined my good humor...
By the way, Graham the "Umlaute" didn't come through to my e-mail. However they
work in some Compuserve Forums.. at least thats what my kids are pretending.
A, U, O, dos this come through as " Umlaute" ?

Mod 37:
Guenther just made a Mod 37 outside of the plane and he used a spacer made out
of a metal tube with a bolt in it at one end what enables you to adapt its
length by turning out the bolt and really block the tube between the middle and
lower horizontal tubes. When welding you also have to make a small hole (2 mm)
in each tube you are welding to let escape the hot air - if not the hot air will
escape explosivly by making a large hole close to the weld. (it happened to me
and it looks not very nice althogh you can close those holes again by welding)
I also put a grease nipple in the middle of the bearing in the following way:
make a 6 mm hole in the middle than weld a M8 nut on this hole - you can now
screw in a M8 nipple. (easy isn't it ? - you may of course use also appropriate
inch nut and nipple)

Viel Spas und viele Gruse

Klaus aus Wien