Re: Wiring around the fuel tank

Subject: Re: Wiring around the fuel tank
From: dbosomworth@meto.gov.uk
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 22:44:04
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 20:42 +0000 (GMT)
From: dbosomworth%ukmo-tclan@ccmail.meto.gov.uk

John wrote,

>What is the collective wisdom for positioning the headphone jacks?
>I am getting to the stage (in a couple of months or so...) where the
>cockpit module will be bonded in.  Are there any electrics that are
>infinitely easier to install before this step?
>One day I'll actually see a finished Europa in the flesh....
>John Bampfylde,  #130

Why not consider installing the headphone jacks directly into the
instrument panel? Bottom left and bottom right, just under the
map/drinks shelf. There is room, thats where mine are. Those of you
who have flown Piper Cherokees will be used to this. You could put a
bit of velcro on the cockpit wall to hold the wires if required, but
mainly it tidies up the cable runs: Less chance of interference, less
wire to carry around and no need for connectors. How many times might
you/your passenger knock the plugs out when reaching round the back
for something?

chus, dave
kit67