Re: Epoxy Pump

Subject: Re: Epoxy Pump
From: Eddie Hatcher <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 21:56:08
>Hi, Martin--
>
>       I'm just about to start out on my Europa and should be getting a
>ratio pump in the next couple of days.
>
>       I notice that the instructions don't make any special mention of
>aeropoxy.  Does it use the same 25:100 ratio by weight as Ampreg?  And do
>you happen to know what the _volume_ ratio is?  I've heard the figure of
>29:100 tossed around.
>
>                       thanx, Peter Lert

I thought that I would butt in on this message as you misdirected it.

We bought a pump and set it up to 29:100. On the face of it, the resin set
fine and we thought that it was the right ratio. It wasn`t. I borrowed a
chemical balance and found that the ratio had to be set to 30:100 volume to
stay within the 4 percent safety margins for the Ampreg resin.

I stress, the 30:100 ratio may not be the case for every pump but it would
be worth double checking its output for weight ratios using a chemical
balance rather than relying on a figure that is banded about. You don`t want
to be doing your flying surfaces again :-)

I don`t know about Aeroresin I am afraid. But it sounds good if it doesn`t
stay tacky on the surface like the Ampreg!!!

Cheers
////    Eddie Hatcher ////    Kit 279     /////
////    South East London Flying Group    /////
////    bizzarro@easynet.co.uk            /////