Europa-List: Re: Flap limiting speed 83 kts exceeded

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flap limiting speed 83 kts exceeded
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 12:56:41

John,

Thanks for your prompt response. If by "actuator" you're referring to the
electric
motor which I believe was originally from a Ford car window motor, I'm happy
to report that I don't have one. My aircraft was converted by the late great
Neville Eyre from monowheel to tri-gear. I took his good advice and retained
the cockpit lever which is now only connected to the flaps; this also saves
weight
and complication.

So having checked everything very carefully and also the flap push-pull rod
connected
to the lever, I'm quite confident that no damage seems to have occurred.

Thanks again.
Jonathan

Read this topic online here: