Europa-List: Re: Ground plane question...

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Ground plane question...
From: BobD <rjd@bobdawson.plus.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 05:47:44

I hung my transponder under one of the inspection panels in the baggage bay, and
the antenna under the other one. This is  Skyview transponder, with a remote
body from the control head. It makes for easy access for any maintenance.

For the ground plane for the antenna, I used self adhesive copper strips in a
star
formation with a star washer on the base of the antenna to grip the centre
point of the star. I can't remember the diameter of the star, but I recall I
found lots of useful information in the Matronics AeroElectric & Avionics lists.

--------
Bob Dawson
Europa XS TG || 912 ULS || G-NHRJ || Dynon Skyview || PilotAware || SmartAss3

Read this topic online here: