Europa-List: Avelac Fuel Gauge and Sender Unit

Subject: Europa-List: Avelac Fuel Gauge and Sender Unit
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 12:41:10

Hello All
My Avelec Fuel level unit has stopped working, the sender top made of plastic
seems
to have broken up for some unknown reason.
This is the unit
http://www.avelec.co.uk/aircraft_fuel_gauges.htm
I want a new sender so hope it will be replaced easily, the sender length comes
in 1/2 or 1 meter lengths and goes into the tank at an angle of 30 degrees,
Anybody
know what length I will need.,? will the 1/2 meter reach the bottom of
the tank.
What is the actual tanks capacity 66 tts ?? is this the total ?
Tank equals ????
Reserve equals ???? please post.

Now for another strange problem,
Engine running at tick over, volt meter 12.5 volts.
Pull any CB and it remains at 12.5 volts.
Pull the CB marked" Fuel" the volt meter drops to zero, ???? WHY

As the sender is U/S I plan to cut the wire to it , and see if the volt meter
still
goes to zero.

Any comments.

Alan