Re: Europa-List: Cranked sticks.........unusual crease, like a crack

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cranked sticks.........unusual crease, like a crack
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 22:32:39
Richard,=0Astick loads are indeed quite low most times, but if aircraft is
not in trim pitch loads can be quite high.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_________
_______________________=0A From: Richard Collings <rcollings@talktalk.net>
=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Monday, 29 September 2014, 22:09
=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Cranked sticks.........unusual crease, like a
ings@talktalk.net>=0A=0AHi Tony=0AAs you have stripped the paint off them b
oth, for piece of mind crack test them. You can buy the dye line system [3
aerosol cans] for a few quid I mean dollars from an engineering supplier.
=0ABut that aside just lets look at the loads your going to put this part u
nder, to my mind if you were to exert the kind of load required to cause a
failure you would have ripped the whole unit out of the floor! Stick forces
 re not high in the Europa, in fact there low and very well balanced don't
worry.=0AGood luck=0ARichard=0A-----Original Message----- From: Tony Rensha
w=0ASent: Friday, September 26, 2014 4:33 AM=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.co
m=0ASubject: Europa-List: Cranked sticks.........unusual crease, like a cra
ck=0A=0AGidday, again,=0AWith my cranked control sticks, I stripped them of
 paint and inspected them to notice a distinct =9Ccrease=9D whe
re the beginning of the crank occurs. It is on the inner edge, and appears
to be the =9Cinner=9D point of a bend, at the end of a vice gri
pped section, as the bend is made by pulling towards the operator, if in fa
ct it was done in a vice, which I very much doubt. So, the actual radius of
 the bends looks fine, but on the inner portion of a ben, on the ends of th
e central straight sections =9Cbetween the bends=9D, there is w
hat appears to be cracks. There is no doubt they are manufacturing marks, a
nd I would like to ask if anyone else has an unpainted stick, if they could
 inspect theirs and see if they are the same. I am not going to paint mine
now, but possibly coat them in a clear polyester coating, like you put on p
olished floorboards, so I can look through it and inspect it from time to t
ime, if in fact I don=99t get these replaced. Any help
 appreciated, and here is a few photos to highlight my concern.=0ARegards
=0ATony Renshaw=0AP.S. You can feel it, and the tube that is of the bend ap
pears a nominally thicker radius, probably bulged from the bending process.
=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
=====