Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp Prop diameter

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp Prop diameter
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:18:19

On 02/07/2013 04:53 PM, Europaul383 wrote:

> Frans: do you have any data you may have recorded during
> testing/touring?
>
> Specifically, airspeed & RPM (presumably 5,500?) mapped to climb
> rates; and max speed at different weights.

Yes, but my ship is quite non-standard and it is impossible to attribute
the performance to the individual mods as they where there from the
beginning. I have very large wing root fairings, highly modified low
drag cooling, intercooler on the engine, a modified high top
arrangement, gap seals, modified exhaust, etc. and the /2W prop is just
one of the features. My Europa seems to be on the "fast" side when
compared to other Europa's.

> A bit of a long shot, but have you measured any data while
> normally-aspirated (turbo off)?

I don't see how it would be possible to turn the turbo off (turning it
off is something entirely different to flipping the TCU switch) but of
course I can fly in Manifold Pressure regions that are available to
naturally aspirated engines too. In fact I usually fly with about 27 to
28" of MAP which gives me speeds around 130 IAS @MTOW if I recall
correctly. (Haven't been flying for a while due to weather and lack of
reachable interesting destinations).

Frans