Re: Europa-List: Re: Working cabin heater

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Working cabin heater
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:18:00
Hello Roland

I stated couple of years ago a water thermostat is a must and cars have
proved it is something you can really trust.
Some of The Europa List-users claimed I am an idiot because adding that
"complex" item it makes flying too risky (!).
So far I have used it 340 hrs /6 years in my Europa and over 1 million
kilometers /34 years in my cars w/o problems.
There is no known thermostat problems.
In the case of jamming, it will jamm open.

As you wrote, a thermostat is automatic - not manual. That is clever.
In the other hand, some of us like "many manual levers and knobs to move in
and out, upp or down and so".
Maybe that is because those pilots would like to be in their dreams a
captain of multi-engine-machine and have at least 8 throttle /mixture /prop
levers and so to get influence with that girl sitting on the P2 seat.

I have water heated carbs and I am happy I have eliminated one knob then
again.

My grandfather put something front of his cooler to get warmer inside.
I prefer automatic system.
Also in my house.
Also in my life.

I am going to fly tomorrow - I promise it really would be not possible here
in Finland (my base is about N62) just now without a sophisticated
pre-warming /cockpit warming /defrost systems.

It is so terrible cold and freezing here just now - be happy you are not
Finnish today.

Raimo
Finland
OH-XRT

Our AN-2 was almost flipping over today because She lost suddenly the
airpressure in Her left gear (attachment).
Happily tomorrow there will come here couple of mechanists from Hungary
Nyiregyhaza to solve a problem and make some other "minor adjustments" we
need to operate this Lady fluently.

===========
===========
===========
===========

--
Terveisin,
Raimo Toivio

RWM-SYSTEMS
"=E4lyk=E4st=E4 informaatiotekniikkaa vuodesta 1980"

37500 Lemp=E4=E4l=E4
FINLAND

p. 03 - 3753 777
f. 03 - 3753 100