Re: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Europa cooling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Europa cooling
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 19:42:43

On 10/05/2012 06:36 PM, graeme bird wrote:

> nice pics, what diameter prop have you got there? I have two good
> wide woodcomp blades. I was told at 1625 they would not be effective
> on anything.

I have the largest diameter available (I don't remember how much that
is). In fact, I had to extent the nose wheel shaft to keep enough
clearance margin on a rough strip with a flat tire. The prop performs
very well though. With two blades vs three there is a bit more vibration
but there is one less prop leading edge plowing through the air,
reducing some prop drag.

Frans