Re: Europa-List: Re: New to List

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: New to List
From: Jeremy Fisher <jffisher@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:01:24
Raimo,

Do you have any photos of the Laminova unit installed?

Jerry
On Oct 5, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Raimo Toivio wrote:

> Remi,
>
> you did not ask me but I will comment.
>
> I have had a Laminova in use since 2007 in my Europa (912S) over 330
flight hours. I am 100% happy. I installed Laminova because I did not
like an idea about a separate oil-cooler. The oil temp follow always the
water temp. When the water temp rises, the oil temp is bit lower, but it
follows the water temp slowly and vice versa.

> Climbing with full power I have typically the oil temp around 115C.
When very hot (+30C) and climbing continuously to the FLs, it can be
near 130C but never over so far.

> It is better you know I have also a water thermostat - I really cannot
understand an idea about water cooling w/o a water thermostat. With it,
I am able to make looong idle dives near or at VNE (which I love) and
still have water & oil temps well in limits.

<air.guerner@orange.fr>

> Frans,
>
> I am just curious about the Laminova Oil-water exchanger. I understand
that in your installation, the oil is cooled by the coolant exclusively.
So  I suppose the oil temp  is higher than the coolant temp all the
time. Am I right?  What oil temp do you get when in a sustained climb at
max continuous power?