RE: Europa-List: Winching attachment points to Tri Gear for Trailering

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Winching attachment points to Tri Gear for Trailering
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 01:30:00

Hi Alan=2C
I also installed two attachment points in the form of ss 8mm eyebolts immed
iately behind where the legs enter the fuselage. You drill from inside the
baggage area=2C through the embedded steel plate=2C and using large washers
 inside and out to distribute the load. It's a simple job.
Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: Winching attachment points to Tri Gear for Traileri
ng
> From: alancarteresq@onetel.net
> Date: Mon=2C 6 Aug 2012 14:27:52 -0700
> To: europa-list@matronics.com

t>

> Hello All
> I am thinking of using a trailer for my Tri Gear=2C
> I will need to winch the aircraft onto a trailer=2C  nose first.
> The way i see it=2C you can attach a 3 web straps to the inner part of th
e Prop=2C not sure if this is a good idea.?
> Or straps to the tops of the undercarriage struts=2C but a small area of
 leg fairing will will need to be removed to accommodate the straps the str
ap going round the top of the leg and between the brake pipe  =2C this seem
 to be a Strong place to connect to=2C maybe some type of bolt on towing ey
e affixed to the top of the legs then nylon straps to cable and winch may h
ave been developed.
> Or straps to the bottom of the undercarriage legs the fairing at this poi
nt is not in the way=2C nor is the brake pipe.