Re: Europa-List: Lightning Strike

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Lightning Strike
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:01:59
Pete & Martin=0AIt was the control runs I think, but probably also moisture
 in the core of the composite skins, I remember reading that the wings expl
oded like-confetti.=0A=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A________________________________
=0A From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics
.com =0ASent: Monday, 13 February 2012, 11:16=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: L
ightning Strike=0A =0A=0AHi Martin,=0A=0AI was under the impression that th
e glider you referred to broke up in flight due to the water ballast in the
 wings?=0A=0AIndeed in the archives you should find Paul Mcallister's light
ning strike experience. Quite a read!- =0A=0Ahttp://www.aeroelectric.com/
articles/Anatomy_of_a_Lightning_Strike.pdf=0A=0ACheers,=0APete=0AA239=0A=0A
=0AOn Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Martin Olliver <martflynut@aol.com> wro
l.com>=0A>=0A>Hi All. Has anyone experienced a lightning strike in a Europa
? If not what is the perceived result of such a strike? A few years ago in
the south of England a plastic glider was struck and broke up in flight bot
h occupants survived as parachutes were deployed. A luxury I am unable to h
ave due to size issues (not saying I am fat just well built!) My concern wi
th the Europa is the lack of bonding between components and conductors to e
nsure components don't explode apart, as happened with the glider.=0A>-If
 as I suspect we all take a risk with this issue has any one considered any
 possible remedial action to improve the situation?=0A>Martin.=0A>=0A>=0A>
=0A>=0A>Read this topic online here:=0A>=0A>http://forums.matronics.com/vie
wtopic.php?p=366176#366176=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=====
=======0A>target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?
Europa-List=0A>============0A>http://forums.matronics