FW: Re: Europa-List: Mono Landing Gear Question

Subject: FW: Re: Europa-List: Mono Landing Gear Question
From: Carlton Pattinson <member@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 00:27:55

We changed the block from red to black a year ago with no noticeable differ
ence to the landing characteristics.

Would also suggest that the shock absorbers are replaced when you change th
e rubber block.

Also it is worth removing the bearing end caps on the undercarriage swingin
g arm to check there is no corrosion on the frame itself. This is usually t
he main culprit when raising the undercarriage becomes difficult (ie: rust/
 corrosion). Its easy to do this even when the whole undercarriage is assem
bled (ie: with the bungee cords in place - in fact this makes it easier as
the bungee supports the swinging arm).

Carl & Dot
G-LABS

Message Received: Apr 15 2011, 12:50 PM