RE: Europa-List: sight tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: sight tube
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 19:24:13
RE: Europa-List: sight tubeGreg

I too am looking at going with the Odyssey, and i asked the australian
distributor about fuel senders. and they indicated that the resistive sender
is preferred, but only because they feel it to be more accuate, I was told
it would work fine with the capacitance type sender but readings will vary
depending on fuel type used, which i believe has been covered quite a bit
here already. It is possible though that the distributor has it wrong.

One thing i was considering was another circuit between
the EFIS and my capacitance sender so i can calibrate the sender to the fuel
type to get a more accurate reading depending on AVGAS / MOGAS / Blend of
the two
contents in the tank itself.

craig