Europa-List: Coolant overheating

Subject: Europa-List: Coolant overheating
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:29:55

I have been unable to solve my overheating problem:
I had replaced all glycol coolant and all hoses. Ever since then the coolan
t temperatures on the ground and in the climb are way ahead of the oil temp
erature.
After warming up the engine the coolant is typically 25 C (45 F) hotter tha
n the oil. The oil and cylinder head temperatures are always normal. Only i
n the cruise am I getting normal readings. The coolant temp. probe is in th
e coolant and is accurate.
I have run out of ideas. Has anyone got any clue about this mystery ?

Cheers=2C

Karl