Europa-List: A question on composits

Subject: Europa-List: A question on composits
From: Rman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 19:38:40

Fellow Europaphiles,

As some of you know, after seeing a modified Europa cowl at Sun'n'fun, I
decided to take on the job of redesigning my cowl, to see what I could
gain.  I've successfully made a mold from my current cowl, and want to
make a new cowl.  One that I can cut up and modify.  My question is,
what is the best cloth and resin to use to build the cowl?  Any ideas on
what is used in the stock Europa cowl and how many layers of cloth are
used?  I considering having a new exhaust system designed and built to
save space and weight.  I will probably be moving the coolers to
accommodate the new exhaust.  I've just got this nagging idea, in my
head that a well designed cowl will improve cooling, air speed, weight
and appearance.  Am I wrong?:  :)

Jeff - Baby Blue - Looking at getting a nose job... ;)