RE: Europa-List: Nosewheel Shimmy

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Nosewheel Shimmy
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:44:12

Hi! Brian
IMHO increase the shimmy damper load to 12kg and take off with the stick
held back to get the nose "flying" as early as possible. On Landing keep
the stick back and so reduce the weight on the nose wheel even at slow
speeds it reduces the weight on the wheel which has to be good news for
it.
My take off procedure is always to set up the line by differential
braking then simultaneously hit full right rudder as you hit full
throttle to keep the take off line. Only very rarely is the right rudder
relaxed during the entire take off run and I can never remember
requiring any left rudder in fact I take up the attitude that I have
only one leg.(this is with right hand tractor prop wash)

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300