Europa-List: RE: Shoot Bolt Guide Clearance Question

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Shoot Bolt Guide Clearance Question
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 09:16:02
is empty

Hi Brian,

Exactly the same problem here. The aft shoot bolt and the guide were hitting the
door frame. There was enough space at the front. I am happy you hit the same
result! After scratching my head and deciding i probably had some glitch while
measuring i decided to grind the guide and the shoot bolt down to fit, with
a 1 mm clearance for paint. Furthermore i bought some nylon bearings, which
happen
to have the same size as the shoot bolt guides. Somebody had that tip on
the forum,l don't remember part numbers sorry. These bearings allow scratch free
operation, and since there is no edge on the end, allow for less space needed
between door and post. Two days ago i bonded the bearings in the door frame
for the first door, and it works nice. Remember that the reinforcements of the
frame add more material to hold the guide. The material on the post added up
to 5 mm here. Looks rigid enough, the guide being 12 mm in my case. Maybe the
picture helps. Oh, don't cry bad, this is only the f
 irst glue to get a fix of he guide in the right position and angle.

Kind regards,

Jo's Okhuijsen

This Email contains Photos or Attachments located at the following link:
http://www.europaowners.org/viewtopic.php?p=10718#10718