Re: Europa-List: Ceiling Panel Compasses

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ceiling Panel Compasses
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:29:26

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Joyce" <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>

<davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>

| Tony, A Sirs compass stuck on to the top of the windscreen in midline
works
| very well and doesn't seem the least intrusive in service, as it is partly
| recessed behind the windscreen frame. Regards, David

I don't know how much of this tired olde pilote stuff you can stand, but
IMHExperience several times in the trusty old DC3, I have craned to look at
a piece of the sky lurking behind the top centre-mount liquid compass to
find a neat but solid aircraft bearing down - and swore never to put one
there. The intervening years have softened those rabid declarations though
and if it can be EASILY seen around I think that's where the standby compass
will go. I never had to use it in anger.
Ferg
A064
Confucius says, "No one will ever know you were killed by the standby
compass"