RE: Europa-List: Retractable tie downs 1 and 1

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Retractable tie downs 1 and 1
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:49:55

Hi Steve, I cant get the link to work so cant view your retract tail tie
down.

I bought a AN eyebolt to replace the tailspring bolt. A small stainless
carabiner from a paraglider harness, that I plan to keep in the plane, hooks
in to the eyebolt for whatever tiedown to attach to. No extra work! Not
retractable, but not much worse than the regular bolt head.

Does anyone have a way to tie down from the outriggers, with fairings? I was
thinking of a metal (SS) tang that protruded out of the fairing, bolted to
the outrigger assembly. Again, not retractable.

Just finished trimming the flap drive hole fairings on the bottom of the
flaps. Thanks, Paul McA, for the idea. Looks clean, like maybe a tiny drag
reduction..

Kevin, filling and sanding the completed airframe