Re: Europa-List: Glide ratios

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Glide ratios
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:56:29

In a message dated 9/3/2003 7:17:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scrounge69@comcast.net writes:

> Dave , what  kind of glide ratio are you getting with the long wing ? thanks
> Chris Davis A160MG

I really haven't nailed it down yet. Finding a smooth enough day is hard to
come by here. I do know that it is in the vicinity of 25. I have done several
scenarios of engine failure including all the way to a landing from over the
mountains and it does the trick for me -- it makes for a safe single engine
airplane. I have done a little bit of thermal soaring and have managed to stay
up
and climb, although I am not very experienced in gliders.

Dave