Europa-List: 150th Celebration of Flight (British version!)

Subject: Europa-List: 150th Celebration of Flight (British version!)
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:30:40

Hi! All .
Hedley Brown's message about Sir George Cayley's earlier achievements didn't
mention the web site connected with the appropriate celebrations.
Whilst I'm not connected with the event I feel it to be of interest to
flyers and homebuilders in general and take this opportunity to publish the
relevant web page in the hopes that it will get the attention which I feel
it deserves (but of course I would ..I'm proud to be British, but I'm not a
Yorkie !)

http://www.elvington.biz

Just out of interest I seem to recall something about the runway being the
"longest and deepest" in Europe? They have an excellent museum which
includes an impressive section on the Air Ships which were built at Holme on
Spalding Moor nearby.

Regards to all.

Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300