Re: trimming layups [was: New future Europa pilot ...]

Subject: Re: trimming layups [was: New future Europa pilot ...]
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:18:04
Suggest you use small diamond wheels rather than the Dremel ones. They last
100 times longer and don't break that easily. I find the permagrit one has
too much inertia and is uncomfortable to use although I love their hand
tools.

I am getting some diamond wheels soon for myself and a couple of friends. I
don't know if I can get them cheap on a bigger order. If you're interested
let me know. They were about 5 each last time I bought a couple.

I also use a 115 mm grinder fitted with a regular sanding disc for some
trimming and neatening together with a power file and metal cutting band
saw. The band saw, bought used for 40 is surprisingly good at cutting
carbon composites, aluminium sheet, bolts, bits of metal and just about
anything you can cut with a hack saw.

Jerry

                    Jerry@ban-bi.com   or    LTS@avnet.co.uk
                    www.Ban-bi.com     or   www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown