Fly-in at Bidford

Subject: Fly-in at Bidford
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 21:09:31
Hi all,

Just a note to remind/notify all you UK flyers about the fly-in at Bidford
on 23 June. Its called 'The Try a Glider Fly-in', and the idea is to do just
that with trial flights available for those who would like to give it a go.
But if you don't fancy having a go there will be plenty to watch because it
will coincide with an event organised by the team at Bidford called 'Longest
day Extravaganza'. The idea is to celebrate the longest day with an attempt
to make 100 launches in one day, the flying will start early and finish
late, and there will be alternative activities running alongside (e.g.
aerobatic flights, spot landing competitions, bouncy castle, disco, static
aircraft display, flour bombing, water pistol fights, and a raffle for a
free aerobatic ride in a Christian Eagle for starters).

Due to the anticipated frenzy of activity in the afternoon, ideally everyone
should arrive early, before mid-day latest, and be prepared to leave as late
as possible . For anyone wishing to stay over night, camping is available on
site, or local B&B may be available if you let me know straight away. An
overnight stay means you can join in the evening party and bar activities as
well. Our Italian chef Giuseppe will be providing a hamburger BBQ for 4.50
in the evening if required, but reservations must be made.

We have been flying our Europa out of Bidford now for four and a half years,
and we have been joined by Dari Sagar who based his mono there about 18
months back. We have seen several visiting Europas, and many wannabe's, but
it would be great to see a line up of old and new friends on our little
patch of grass. By the way Bidford is about 800 m long so there is plenty of
room, despite the gliding launch point tending to make for a displaced
threshold.

We do have the usual problem neighbours at Bidford, so a strict noise
abatement procedure for approach and climb out will be in operation as
usual, details will be supplied to everyone registering with me via e-mail,
phone, fax or any other way you wish to contact me, details below.

e-mail  jnaylor@avnet.co.uk

Phone  01675 481504

Mobile 07947 897666

Fax      01675 481816