Re: Fuel Tank shape

Subject: Re: Fuel Tank shape
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 19:13:56
grasingleton@avnet.co.uk writes:

<< My choice of fuel contents gauge would now be a pressure sensor type. Non
 invasive, simply connect the sensor to either a drain connection or even
 the sight gauge.
 We tried a capacitance type but it was not very reliable, any water/
 condensation caused it to short out (the HF sensing signal) and read full
 scale, changes in fuel density caused false readings so we never really
 trusted it.

 Tony K has developed a good one, using bar graph LED display, I am also
 working on the same type of device (and loosely with him) . By the time you
 are ready to use one it will certainly be available.

 Graham >>

Now if y'all can make the indicator to replace a 2 1/2" gage..........  :)

Troy