RE: Aft wing fittings

Subject: RE: Aft wing fittings
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:27:49
Hi! Miles
Well what do you know !!!!
Yes ,been there got the tee shirt. !
I insisted on much larger overall plates from Europa. Then I borrowed a
rowter cut out a suitable hole in  an oversize piece of tufnol (for a guide
platform) then I bonded it to the side of the a/c with bondo .over where I
required the new piece inserting . and routed away (small depth cuts until
all the existing metal had gone)  and then bonded the new oversize piece in
place with a flox  mix and skinned over with two plies of bid. I did a
report to the PFA. on the problem
Kit 100 G- OGAN also has the same problem.
The cross tube does fit below the tunnel , you need to " let it in " and
make good underneath and over the cross tube when finally positioned.
Regards
Bob Harrison    G-PTAG