Re: Headset recommendation?

Subject: Re: Headset recommendation?
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:10:30

> So, I need to buy a good headset that won't break the bank.  I've done a
> little
research and Lightspeed keeps coming up, specifically the QFR series, either
passive or active.  From what I've read, they are comfortable, durable, and
the customer service is excellent.  Lightspeed was started in 1996 by a group
of Tektronix people, and as I have a 1962 Tek 535A oscilloscope in mint
condition
that still works perfectly (over 70 vacuum tubes!), I've got a soft spot for
Tek.

I have a Lightspeed 20K, which was upgraded from a Lightspeed 15K.  I really
like it, quiet and comfortable.  Most headsets give me a headache from putting
my head in a vise, but the Lightspeed refrains from torturing it's owner!
The 15K had some static when the noise reduction was on.

Brian