RE: cabin ventilation - locations

Subject: RE: cabin ventilation - locations
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:22:23
>Peter
>
>WE had the same concerns . Our decision also considered the position of the
>instrument panel. We chose a higher and foreword position.
>
>We also brought air in through "eye ball vents" in the panel.

That sounds good to me. We have found that we need some cooling air for the
radio stack, transponders generate quite a bit of heat and once or twice
the GPS has dropped out, whether for that reason or some other we don't
know. Bright screen EFIS units also need a lot of cooling.
In winter you will need some fresh (dry) air on the screen, so avionics
cooling ventilation along the bottom edge of the screen should help to keep
the screen clear of misting/icing.
Make sure rain can't get into the airplane though, some sort of water trap
is required.

Graham