Re: Europa Questions

Subject: Re: Europa Questions
From: larry graves <larry@aircraftersllc.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 19:05:02
Bob,

The Europa is a good choice for a number of reasons. There are hundreds of
them under construction with many flying. There is an active support
network. Builder support is easy to come by. Working with composites
allows a bit more flexibility than with aluminum, and is very forgiving.

Of course it all comes down to builder preference, and there is nothing
wrong with the Sonex -- it is just not as much airplane as a Europa.

I believe the Europa prototype has been flown to over 8 Gs in testing.
Aircraft built from production kits are easily capable of 2-3 +G
aerobatics, which is all you should be doing unless you are flying an
Extra or a Pitts...        ;-)

We are very close -- please come visit our shop any time! We have lots of
Europa experience already.

Best Regards,

Larry Graves
AirCrafters Builder Assistance Center