Rudder

Subject: Rudder
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:47:41
Hi All,
Need help. I'm trying to properly locate the CS29 rudder fitting. I have also
incorporated Graham's tail wheel "Mod to the Mod", as it where. This retains
the use of the rudder push-pull rod connected to a bellcrank on the aft
bulkhead. The problem I am having may be just me over reacting but I can't
seem to get the same amount of rudder throw in both directions no matter what
I do If I increase the diameter of the bellcrank stops it would be nearly
3/4" diameter which would seem excessive and affect tailwheel authority.
Using 5-min epoxy, I have moved CS29 farther from the hinge, then back to
starboard. Then put slightly deeper aft into the rudder, then back forward. I
shortened the rod then lengthened it. Each trial you have to remove the
rudder, crack off the epoxy, move it re-attach it, let it dry, reattach the
rudder etc, etc. Is there something I'm missing in the way of a short-cut or
something, or is it a matter of much more trial and error?
Short on sanity,

Troy