Rudder hinges

Subject: Rudder hinges
From: Dave DeFord <davedeford@home.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:45:22
Having just bonded on the fin cap, I am ready to install the rudder on my
XS.  Unfortunately, the location of the top hinge (as specified in the
manual) aligns directly with the joggle between the cap and the top fuselage
molding. Am I missing something here, or do I just have to remove the hinge
and mount it a few inches lower?

Kim Prout (among others) has recommended the use a full-length piano hinge
for the rudder, which doesn't seem feasible with the two joint joggles to
avoid.  How about adding an extra 5" hinge between the two lower hinges,
similar to the mod that many are making on their ailerons?

Unrelated question: can anyone tell me what the current requirement of the
Rotax electric fuel pumps is?

Thanks.
Dave DeFord, A135