Re: rod ends (was push-tubes)

Subject: Re: rod ends (was push-tubes)
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:38:55

> I had the same problem with mine (3 years ago) and called the company in GB.
> (By then you could still ask for Ivan for technical advice).
> Anyway, I was told that some of the bearings are too tight. They should - as
> Graham mentions - allow the housing to drop by its own weight. If they don't
> you
> either need new ones or try the following:

They are getting looser as I play with them, but I have not tried using the
drill idea yet.  Should I grease them?

Also, what kind of control stick do other kits have?  I have the "cranked"
control stick, which is 3 pieces of aluminum welded together at an angles
to produce a zigzag.  I don't remember seeing anything like this on other
Europas, unless it was well disguised.  Is the short end the bottom or the
long end?  How can it be dressed up to look better in the finished airplane?

Brian