Sternpost - Europa Classic

Subject: Sternpost - Europa Classic
From: Chuck Popenoe <cpops@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:09:30
Hi all-

I'm about to do the fin and rudder for the classic, have Graham
Singleton's sternpost molding, and am unsure about my next step!   My
problem is-- the foam in the fin aft closure has been removed back to
the factory cut.  The sternpost clearly does not fit neatly into the
space alotted.  I will have to remove 1 to 1-1/2" more of blue foam to
get the sternpost in place, and that will intrude into the fin aftmost
lightening core.  My question is--should the foam be removed until the
starboard trailing edge of the sternpost is flush with the starboard
trailing edge of the fin?  Or, perhaps should it be set in until the
starboard trailing edge of the sternpost is even with the 25mm mark on
the starboard top of the fin and aligned with the lower fuselage aft
edge?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Pops
Slow, but still cranking away on A036