RE: Monowheel Brake Caliper Orientation

Subject: RE: Monowheel Brake Caliper Orientation
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 23:31:56

Hi
Graham,

=A0I do not think that the caliper will clear the tunnel on the XS if you
rotate it around. It's VERY tight in there now. I've talked with people
who are having trouble with the tire / brake cylinder=A0 hitting on
retraction. And thats a lot smaller. The XS doesn't have all that nice
room to fiddle around in there like ours do!

=A0

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0
Jim Thursby

You're right
(again) Jim, however I have done it on an XS console installed in a MkI.
As I said, not a lot of surgery, but some.

I tend to run the rudder cables through nylon tubes hard against the side
of the tunnel held in place with a couple of plies of BID. The
deflection from straight is not excessive.

Worked for me anyway.

Graham