Re: performance figures

Subject: Re: performance figures
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 05:20:19
Klaus Dietrich wrote:

> PERFORMANCE FIGUERES OE-CKD, Kit 132
> Date: 13. 9. 97
> OAT:  28C
> Carburator Air Temp: 45C
> Wind 340/8
> Field: LOAV
> Elev.: 780 ft
>
> 1.)
> Aircraft weight: 555 kg (2 on board, 20 l fuel)
> Prop: 16,7
> Static rpm: 5.050 rpm - opticaly measured  (indicated rpm: 4.800 rpm !)
>
> time to 1000ft agl                              ROC
> (from release of brakes)                        (IAS 65 kts clean)
>
>         2 min 12                                455 ft/min
>         2 min 03                                487 ft/min
>
> Cruise at 2.000 ft ASL: 120 kts, 5.100 rpm, fuel flow 16 l/h
> Top speed at 2.000 ft ASL: 130 kts, 5.800 rpm, fuel flow 23 l/h
>
> 2.)
> Aircraft weight: 598 kg (2 on board, 80 l fuel)
> Prop: 16,7
> Static rpm: 5.050 rpm - opticaly measured  (indicated rpm: 4.800 rpm)
>
> time to 1000ft agl                              ROC
> (from release of brakes)                        (IAS 65 kts clean)
>
>         3 min 08                                319 ft/min
>         3 min 03                                327 ft/min
>
> 3.)
> Aircraft weight: 591 kg (2 on board, 70 l fuel)
> Prop: 14,5
> Static rpm: 5.350 rpm - opticaly measured  (indicated rpm: 5.000 rpm)
>
> time to 1000ft agl                              ROC
> (from release of brakes)                        (IAS 65 kts clean)
>
>         2 min 26                                410 ft/min
>         2 min 21                                420 ft/min
>
> Cruise: 120 kts at 5.400 rpm, 16 l/h
>
> Considering the above, I have set now my prop. to 15.6 which gives me a
> good compromise for climb and cruise especially at maximum gross weight. I
> hope that the cold air supply and a VP-prop will help!
>
> During those test flights I have found out that my RPM indicator reads 300
> rpm too low!
> Any ideas how I could calibrate it?
> Also my VSI is indicating 200 ft/min too little. I am currently taking
> static air from behind the panel as the fuselage points did'nt give me good
> readings either. Any suggestion for a good static air point?

Klaus,
Although I have not instored this yet(kit 292), I have brought a combined
Pitot/Static

tube from Aircraft Spruce to be placed, as per building manual,at the pitot
source

position.Not sure you if you can instore one once wing is complete? They are
about

$15.00US from Aircraft Spruce and to me seems like the logical answer with an
alternate

source taken from the rear fuselage floor as Kim Prout has done.
Cheers
Tim
--
Timothy. P. Ward