Re: Ground handling

Subject: Re: Ground handling
From: Peter S. Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 19:56:43
Graham Singleton wrote:

> >> Braking didn't seem to good, but maybe some air yet to be removed.<<
>
> Yes, it is awkward to bleed the brake master cylinder, the barrel of the
> master
> is higher than the bleed hole.

<snip>

        I haven't yet received my Europa gear yet (just finishing up the tail),
but doesn't it have a bleed valve on the caliper?

        If so, use the old automatic trick of bleeding from the bottom: rig up
a source of brake fluid under pressure (a kitchen baster with attached
plastic tube is inelegant, but works fine), fit to lower bleed valve,
and pump fluid in until it comes out the top of the master cylinder.

        The snail cam parking brake is a brilliant idea!

brgds, Peter Lert