Oversize S3 Foam Blocks

Subject: Oversize S3 Foam Blocks
From: Mike Parkin <100637.2226@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 17:40:41
On positioning my S1,2 & 3 foam blocks on the spar for an initial look-see.  The
inboard solid block, although slightly warped on the spar face, appears about
one quarter of an inch too high in comparison with the S2 block.  The S1 and S2
blocks seem to match with a reasonably straight leading edge.  Has anyone else
had the same sort of thing?
Is it acceptable to sand the spar face a little to bring the leading edge into
line with the S1 and S2 blocks.
Also, where does one put the level on the leading edge blocks to check for the
correct wash out; although not yet micro'd onto the spar my blocks seem to be
about the same angle, give or take .2 of a degree - indeed, can one check for
wash out this early in the wing build.  I am measuring on the undersurface of
the leading edge blocks using the spar as the lower datum.