Re: Total Price of Europa

Subject: Re: Total Price of Europa
From: Peter S. Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:45:29
Boy, if you can still find a 912 for $8500, snap it up--if you decide
against the Europa, you can probably sell it to one of us!

To put it very simply, for a really nice Europa, you probably won't have
too much change left over from $45,000 unless you're a good scrounger
and/or have some parts (instruments, avionics, etc.) already on hand.
If you go for fancy instruments and avionics (heavy!), etc., the
sky's the limit.  Here's a very rough breakdown:

Kit, complete:        ca. 23,000 depending on price increases
shipping:             1,500 or so depending on where you live and
                        on whether you get everything at once
tools:                     1,500 incl. resin pump
paint:                     2,500 for a professional job
instruments:             3,000
avionics (basic)     3,000 (comm, VFR gps, transponder, headsets)
upholstery               700
trailer (opt)             2,500
engine                     8,500
prop                       500 or so, fixed pitch--way more for variable

        People don't build Europas to save money--you could get an old
Bonanza for less!  We build them because (a) a Europa is what we want,
and (b) building it is what we want to do.  Hope you join us!