Re: Europa-List: baggage bay support rib layups query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: baggage bay support rib layups query
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 23:15:15

Do both sides. Keeps the rib centred   in case of one sided impact.
Christoph Both
Classic 223
Wolfville Nova Scotia Canada

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 2, 2015, at 15:16, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Referring to the reinforcing layups between the baggage bay bulkhead floor and
the support ribs, the manual p28M-14 issue 3 says:

> After cure the joint should be reinforced with 2 plies of bid at  45 lapping
onto the ribs and bulkhead by 25 mm

> Its not clear to me whether that means layups on BOTH sides of each support
> rib.
I had initially assumed so, but just below that, to reinforce the baggage-bay
bulkhead join with the fuselage, the manual says:

> layup 2 plies of bid each side of the join between the fuselage and the rear
baggage bay bulkhead, lapping them onto each by 25 mm

> So, its explicitly calling for layups both sides in that region. Comparing the
2 instructions suggests to me that the support ribs are only intended to have
a reinforcing layup on one side (at both top & bottom edges) since the phrase
each side of the join is not used in reference to the ribs.