Re: Europa-List: Re: VP prop, good idea? which one?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: VP prop, good idea? which one?
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:38:19
Hi Brian,

Thank for sharing the additional information.  Without diminishing your
input up until now the work that local dealers have been able to perform
has been limited and things like blade replacements has required a return
to the factory.

With that said Martin has now made some changes to the hub that greatly
simplify replacement of the blades, and this change can be retrofitted to
existing hubs. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the local repair
facilities get themselves set up with alignment jigs and dye check and
static balance rigs to field replacement of blades.

Just as an FYI, I did purchase the adjustable back plates for my hub and I
plan to fit them over the winter.  Martin has also identified two
alternative blades for the 332 hub that I am assisting him with testing.

I don't expect to be able to report anything for a while as I have brought
my airplane home for the winter to do those 101 small jobs that I always
put off over the summer.

Cheers,  Paul