Europa-List: Seat Thoughts

Subject: Europa-List: Seat Thoughts
From: MJKTuck@cs.com
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 21:33:54
Hi Folks,

My own experience of my seats is that when in the seated position for an hour
or so there is a definite pressure point right on my butt cheeks mainly I
think because my foam seat isn't quite thick enough or is too soft. I end up
feeling the flat floor of the glassed foam inserts covering the pushrod tunnel.

I want to do it again as part of a refurb and think the best thing to use is
to determine what shape I would need for total (wrap-around) support. Isn't
there some way of sitting on a bag of polystyrene beads and then sucking all the

air out? I believe race car drivers custom fit their seats somehow this way.
Anyone know of a kit or something?

Once you have the basic shape you could get a better idea of what the final
shape ought to be. My guess is that given the posture you end up with in a
Europa there would be a lot more foam in the lumbar area (and below) as well as

under the legs.

My 2c worth.

Regards,
Martin Tuck