Re: Europa-List: Fuel Gauge Installation Problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel Gauge Installation Problem
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 08:52:46

Tony,
I had the problem of a significant angle at the tank seam.  The seam was
over an inch below the outer edges of the tank.  The distortion looked like
it was impossible to obtain a good seal so I spoke to Neville at the
factory.  He said the the tank was very flexible and would go flat when I
tightened up the bolts.  He was correct and it did not leak.  I was able,
however, to tighten the bolts enough to squeeze the rubber gasket, so I
didnt have that part of your problem.

Brian Davies kit 454