Re: Europa Questions Again

Subject: Re: Europa Questions Again
From: Collins <collins@pali.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 07:56:54
You are, of course, missing the point. Just because someone has done
aerobatics in a plane doesn't make it safe for you to do so.

There are two issues. First, the additional 1.5X factor appears to be
there because of the variability of strength from build to build. i.e.:
your plane may not be as strong as the prototype.

Second, we all watch Bob Hoover perform aerobatics in non aerobatic
planes. He is precise enough to not over stress the plane. As an
article I read said, "He can and you can't".

---From the technical information I have gotten so far, it would be
foolhardy for the average aerobatic pilot to try aerobatics in the
Europa.

Bob Collins
Sunnyvale CA