Europa-List: 914 Air Filter

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Air Filter
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 09:53:10

I'm replacing my 20 year old 914 with a new 914 purchased from Leading Edge
Airfoils.
I want to replace the 20 year old K&N air filter too.

I purchased a new air filter from Leading Edge, Rotax P/N 825-750 which is a K&N
P/N RU0800.  The problem is that the flange of the turbo measures 2.35 inch
(60 mm) diameter and the diameter of the filter measures 2.44 inch (62 mm)
diameter.
The flange of the filter is not very flexible and I am concerned that
tightening it to fit will be a problem.

I have searched K&N's website and do not find a filter with the correct flange
diameter.  My old K&N filter fits properly but does not have a part number on
it.

What air filters do others use on 914?

Thanks

Jim Butcher