Europa-List: Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings.

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings.
From: budyerly@msn.com <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 04:54:00

Sun 'n Fun is here!  Join us at the Forum!

Now that Anita and I are no longer doing a booth at Sun 'n Fun, my blood
pressure
is down, and my sense of humor is back.  Airshows can be a grind.  We are
volunteers
for the event with my local EAA chapter making sandwiches daily with
about 40 other volunteers and friends from the local community and our flying
community.

Jerry Hope and I and our wives are at the Sun 'n Fun Pavillion making
sandwiches,
drinks and shooting the bull from 0900 until 1130 daily.  So far, Anita and
I enjoy driving home after lunch and I go to the shop and print some 3D mods
and repair parts I have done to tools/and other items.  I have made many little
tidbits improving my aged CAD skills and patience as these printers are
notoriously
slow.  Frankly, some of what I have done could be whacked out of foam
and glass and modded quicker.  That's another story.

If you all would like to come and chat, we have a place to meet out of the sun
and a bit more quiet, so come over to the pavillion about 1130, it is a nice
place
to meet and exchange ideas.  I will be walking the show in the afternoons
taking a break from the airshow watching crowds seeing the sites and old friends
and if anyone wants to go to the shop in the late afternoon, I'll be available
to open it up and assist folks wanting to sift through the mono stuff left
over.  In the shop, I only have one kit left partially built XS Trigear and
Brett Browns trigear and my own trigear.  Of course, I'm tearing down my
woodworking
tools and rehabbing them so it is a mess.  That is where the 3D printed
parts are going.

We've arranged a Forum for Europa Owners on Wednesday March 29th at CFAA-05 FROM
1:00 TO 1:55 (the Nazis will throw us out at 1156).  There are problems that
just arrived with WiFi in the building so this will be an informal gathering
for Europa Owners and the topics are open for discussion.  Of course, we also
can meet in the Sun 'n Fun Pavillion area daily and gather and talk about
individual
issues you may be having on your Europa if you don't want to discuss it
in the forum.

I have a shopping list this year and am not afraid to exercise it, so 12AY is
tore
down in the shop getting little goodies installed.  I may be adding the internal
Stratus to my ESG transponder.  Some other doo dads are being looked at
and more than likely I'll probably just build another Stratux an put it into
the cockpit area.  My move of the Stratux ADS-B in to the rear near my
transmitter
antenna has caused interference with the ADS-B operation and although shielded
and working, it looks like an amateur did the install.

The weather looks reasonable from Tuesday afternoon through the rest of the week
so join us.  Be sure to bring sun screen and a hat.  IT IS HOT!

Best Regards,

Bud and Anita Yerly
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.

Read this topic online here: