Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Beringer wheel & brake

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Beringer wheel & brake
From: dmac7 <dmac7@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 13:48:55

I have the Beringer complete kit but no hours using it yet. It's been on the
market
about 10 years many Europa owners have been using it. In the beginning there
were worries expressed about it getting flats too or rotating on the rim at
low air pressure but I have yet to read one post with any complaints, that says
something.
The other issue is do you use the motorcycle style brake handle? My answer is a
Big Yes! It is much better ergonomically for a pilot.

I can hold the stick back with brake applied by the left hand while I advance
the
throttle with the right hand, it's great. It's complete with parking brake
and a anti lock brake type feature that is actually a pressure limiter, you
don't
have to install this feature but why not?
I run the brake line into the cockpit through the landing gear frame tube.
The Brake disk won't ever rust, it's SS, twice as thick as before. Aug 15, /22
posted some photos of my installation, "what did you do with your Europa"

I'm sure you will get other comments but I think it's a real improvment.

Read this topic online here: