Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your europa this week - 22/12/

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your europa this week - 22/12/22
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 09:57:17
Indeed 2strokes are much more benign wrt reverse torque pulses vs the hellis
h 4cyl 4stroke, on which =9Caircraft gearboxes are hard=9D. :)

> On Dec 27, 2022, at 9:53 AM, James <james@kingdom.ie> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> I have a Mainair Blade microlight (ultralight) Ireland which uses a Blue T
op Rotax 582 manufactured in 2002. It has a Doughnut as did the Grey Top mod
el which saved my gearbox & engine during a prop strike in 2006!

ronics.com> on behalf of JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2022 1:19:12 PM
> To: europa-list@matronics.com <europa-list@matronics.com>
> Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your europa this week - 22/
12/22

> I agree about the donuts, my triumph GT6 Mk2 had them on the drive shafts.

> I also know someone who used them on his ultralight which used a car diese
l engine. When it failed he lost drive to the prop and the forced landing to
talled the aircraft. That may be why Rotax didn=C3=A2=82=AC=84=A2t use
 them in the gearbox.