Re: Europa-List: Cockpit ventilation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cockpit ventilation
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 10:39:08
On 2022-11-20, at 18:27, David Cripps <dpc@knightonweb.com> wrote:

> This winter I am going to experiment with installing some kind of
simple moulded ducting on the inside of the fuselage (maybe even just
velcroed onto the carpet lining for ultimate modifiability) placed over
the existing vents. This would try to 'scoop up' the air from the vents
and angle it upwards/inwards. Not sure if anyone else has tried this but
would be interested to hear if they have.

David - I have added eyeball vents to my NACA ducts as you can see in
the following picture pages from my build journal:

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/eyeball_mount_e.php
<http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/eyeball_mount_e.php>

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/stbd_ventilation_a.php

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/port_ventilation_a.php

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/stbd_ventilation_b.php

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/port_ventilation_b.php

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/port_ventilation_c.php

<http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/port_ventilation_c.ph
p>

As I am not yet flying, I don=99t know how effective this very
non-laminar flow arrangement will be, but I hope at least the eyeballs
will allow whatever airflow comes through to be directed to somewhere
useful.

I seem to recall that there has been some previous discussion here about
finding a low-pressure area for the cabin air exhaust vent, but can=99
t recall details now.

in friendship

Rowland