Re: Europa-List: installation of Stall Strips

Subject: Re: Europa-List: installation of Stall Strips
From: Dpc <dpc@knightonweb.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 15:47:03

Im in the same situation where I have a Classic wing with stall warner but no
stall
strips. Andy Draper did my most recent annual permit inspection and suggested
it was a good idea to fit the stall strips in addition to the stall warner,
especially to correct any tendency for a wing to drop (which mine does if you
really push it hard in full flap stall situation). There is info on making
and fitting the stall strips in the POH itself and a template for fitting them
is in there too.

Andy suggested using plastic angle sections, about 10mm x 10mm, rather than
carving
the wood ones mentioned in the POH, and fixing them on with bath silicone
once you have them in the correct position.

Good luck!

David

> On 10 Oct 2022, at 15:20, tonyvaccarella <tony@weimagine.com.au> wrote:
>

> Hi All,
>
> Iv almost completed by Europa XS, with a classic wing. I was reading an
> Operations
Manual that said most Europa's are fit with a Stall Strip. Mine does not
but it has the Europa stall warning.

> Do I need a stall strip? - if so, I can't seem to find information about them
in the build manuals. So I thought I'd reach out to the hive mind of this forum
to set me straight.